EnergyWatch

Obton starts up record-sized PV farm

The solar investor has signed its largest power purchase agreement to date on the biggest solar farm in its portfolio.

Photo: PR Capstone

Photovoltaic farm Claresholm is not only Canada's largest solar energy facility. It's also the biggest one in Danish PV investor Obton's portfolio and, not least, equipped with the largest power purchase agreement (PPA) in the company's history.

The 180-MW facility has now entered operation. Obton's fund Stabil owns a total 49 percent of the farm, while Capstone owns the remaining 51 percent.

Read the whole article

Get 14 days free access.
No credit card required.

An error has occured. Please try again later.

Get full access for you and your coworkers.

Start a free company trial today

More from EnergyWatch

Employee of Danish marine fuel supplier charged for corruption in Singapore

A trader at KPI Oceanconnect, a subsidiary of Bunker Holding, has been charged with corruption totaling at least USD 191,250 as rewards for nominating Straits for the supply of bunker fuel to KPI's customers. The employee has been suspended and his contract terminated, the company informs ShippingWatch.

EU awards big aid for Danish scaled green hydrogen push

The European Union has green-lit millions of euros of subsidy for a 100MW hydrogen project in Denmark with the involvement of several big domestic players. The project is meant to be the enabling stepping stone for GW-scale H2 projects as well as electrolysis at sea.

Further reading

Related articles

Trial banner

Latest News

See all jobs