EnergyWatch

Wind opponent jailed for attacking employee at disputed wind farm

An opponent of the wind farm on Norwegian island Frøya is sentenced to 75 days of prison for reckless driving targeting an employee of Trønderenergi. During 2019, the Frøya wind farm has been at the center of the most vocal wind protests in the country.

Photo: PR / Trønderenergi

If in need of a geolocation for the sometimes dramatic opposition to wind in Norway, look toward Frøya. In 2019, the small island by the mouth of the Trondheim Fjord became the match that lit the smoldering wind opposition in the country.

This development just reached its high point, so far, when a male opponent was sentenced to 75 days of prison by the Fosen District Court for attacking a female engineer employed by Trønderenergi back in May. Trønderenergi owns 30 percent of the Frøya wind farm, while the remaining 70 percent is owned by Stadtwerke München.

Read the whole article

Get 14 days free access.
No credit card required.

An error has occured. Please try again later.

Get full access for you and your coworkers.

Start a free company trial today

More from EnergyWatch

Equinor has never made this much money

The Norwegian oil giant soars skyward with its best adjusted earnings item on record following a recovery in commodity prices. Though it remains important to monitor fluctuations, CEO warns.

GE loses USD 151m from wind division

Uncertainty, supply chain pressure and delays among customers all factor into dwindling profits from onshore wind for the US-based OEM, still showing losses on offshore wind and now downgrading its full-year guidance.

Further reading

Related articles

Trial banner

Latest News

See all jobs