Danske Commodities signs PPA on world's first commercial floating wind farm

Equinor and Danske Commodities, which the Norwegian oil major purchased in February, have signed a PPA on the world's first commercial floating wind farm, Hywind Scotland.

Photo: Equinor

Wednesday, energy trader Danske Commodities informs that it has signed a power purchase agreement with Norwegian oil major Equinor for electricity from the world's first commercial floating offshore wind farm, the 30 MW Hywind Scotland, which supplies power to 20,000 households.

Equinor owns 75 percent of the facility, while the remaining 25 percent is owned by Abu Dhabi's investment firm, Masdar.

Read the whole article

Get 14 days free access.
No credit card required.

  • Access all locked articles
  • Receive our daily newsletters
  • Access our app
An error has occured. Please try again later.

Get full access for you and your coworkers.

Start a free company trial today

More from EnergyWatch

Danish carbon storage can run at max from day one

TotalEnergies can't see the need to pilot carbon storage under the Harald field in the Danish North Sea. Rather, the supermajor wants to begin at full scale if the Bifrost project manifests. Although much now depends on two forthcoming events: presentation of political strategy and allocation of EUDP money.

Europe’s carbon price has almost tripled in 2021

European carbon futures rose above EUR 80 a tonne on Friday for the first time, testing the resolve of politicians who are promising to act aggressively on climate change while grappling with inflation that’s tearing into economies across the globe.

Further reading

Related articles

Latest News

See all jobs